On January 1st, 2004, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA / Bill C-6) was introduced to customers and service providers across the country. This act established rules to govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in such a manner that recognizes an individual’s privacy and personal rights.
We understand the importance of protecting your personal information and would like to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how your personal information is used. We are committed to collecting and using your personal information responsibly.
Personal Information That Concerns You
- We collect and use information that is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services, to provide you with customer service, and to establish, administer and maintain billing, payment and other services related to accounting.
- We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations outside of our company.
- Only employees authorized by us will have access to your personal information and are aware of the appropriate uses of your information.
- We may disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so.
- At such time as our need for your personal information should expire we shall dispose of it in a secure manner. Please be aware that we may be legally bound to retain some information for a specified time and shall dispose of it when appropriate. Again, it will be disposed of in a secure fashion.
By providing your information to us, you have consented to these uses and disclosures.
Access To Your File And Corrections
The law allows you certain rights of access to your information and certain rights to rectify the personal information that we possess.
- You have a right of access to your information.
- Within the limits provided by the law and upon your request, we will communicate all personal information that concerns you.
- You have the right to have corrections made of inexact or incomplete information. Furthermore, you have the right to eliminate information that is out of date or irrelevant.
It is our hope that through this informative letter, we will help facilitate a trusting and long lasting relationship with you. If you have any questions in regard to the above, please feel free to contact our privacy officer at:
Auto Trim DESIGN Incorporated
4-130 Bradwick Drive
Vaughan, ON L4K 1K8